5. What are the travel authorizations in the Cuba program?
OFAC has issued general licenses within the 12 categories of authorized travel for many travel related transactions to, from, or within Cuba that previously required a specific license (i.e., an application and a case-by-case determination). Travel-related transactions are permitted by general license for certain travel related to the following activities, subject to the criteria and conditions in each general license: family visits; official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations; journalistic activity; professional research and professional meetings; educational activities; religious activities; public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions; SUPPORT FOR THE CUBAN PEOPLE ; humanitarian projects; activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes; exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials; and certain authorized export transactions.
- Leah Garchik
- JONATHAN and JOYCE
- Bob Kerrey and the ‘American Tragedy’ of Vietnam
- NPR Report from Green Cities Facilitated Visit
- Meleah & Kate
- Create Wealth – San Francisco Chronicle Letters to the Editor, March 30, 2016
- Cuba’s Economy – San Francisco Chronicle Letters to the Editor, March 23, 2016
- Cuba Innovator Awaits Amazon, Home Depot